Today, the House passed HB 966, which is the recommended Budget for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 fiscal years. The Budget will now go to the Senate for consideration.
I was very proud to have been able to successfully lobby for the following funding to be included:
1. Kept the $31,000,000 for the Film Grant for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
2. Pursuant to HB 44 that I had filed, $8,000,000 for the Fort Fisher Historical Site Visitor Center. Including previous appropriations that I had successfully lobbied for, this brings the total State funding to $20,900,000 for this project.
3. Pursuant to HB 159 that I had filed, $2,500,000 for the State Search and Rescue Program.
4. Pursuant to HB 321 that I had filed, $250,000 for a third year of the Wilmington Opioid Pilot Project for a Quick Response Team.
5. As part of the Justice and Public Safety budget recommendations, an additional Assistant District Attorney position for the New Hanover/Pender County Prosecutorial Distirct 6.
6. Also as part of the Justice and Public Safety budget recommendations, an increase in funds to the Indigent Defense Services for an increase in the hourly rate for Court appointed lawyers.
Separate and apart from the above:
1. Pursuant to HB 461 that I had filed, the $10,000,000 appropriation that I had requested for the Fort Fisher Aquarium will hopefully be addressed later in the budget process.
2. Pursuant to HB 89 that I had filed, the $8,000,000 appropriation that I had requested for the SEA-Tech Vocational High School will hopefully be addressed with funds to be acquired outside this budget process.