I am pro-business, have repeatedly supported legislation and funding for economic development that will bring employment opportunities for those who live in North Carolina, and I remain committed to preserving and enhancing a positive climate for business and job creation in our great state.
My strong pro-jobs voting record has been recognized by the North Carolina Chamber as a 2019 – 2020 Jobs Champion in its annual ‘How They Voted Report’, which is based on my voting records on bills identified as critical to preserving and enhancing North Carolina’s position in the national race for jobs. This is the fifth time that I have received this prestigious recognition.
“Following a strong, pro-jobs long session in 2019, legislators in 2020 showed an unprecedented level of bipartisanship in supporting our state’s response to COVID-19,” said NC Chamber President and CEO, Gary Salamido. “We are grateful for Ted Davis’s leadership in helping North Carolina navigate the unique challenges of the pandemic and put us squarely on a path to relaunching our state’s economy. We look forward to continuing to work with him to help chart a new course for our state.”
In addition, I have supported legislation and funding for economic development that will bring small businesses and employment opportunities to North Carolina. Based on my positions and record on key small-business issues, the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), which is the nation's leading small business advocacy organization, has endorsed me for re-election in House District 20.
“Our members support the candidates who support small business,” NFIB State Director Gregg Thompson said. “These individuals either have a proven track record of standing up for small businesses or have shown they will promote a positive business environment for North Carolina’s job creators." I am proud to say that since I have been in Raleigh, I have done both. Director Thompson added "Ted Davis understands challenges facing North Carolina's small businesses and our members believe he will do everything he can do to help small businesses recover safely and fully from the pandemic so they can grow and create jobs".
Since the Republicans have been in the majority in the Legislature, North Carolina has achieved the following:
- The best business climate in the United States and tops Forbes’ Best States for Business ranking in 2017, 2018 & 2019.
- Recognized by Site Selection Magazine, which helps expansion planning decision-makers make informed choices, as the #1 global best to invest in the South Atlantic Region of the United States in 2017 and 2018.
- Ranked by Consumer News and Business Channel (CNBC) as 3rdin the United States in its national economic standings in 2018. “No state’s economy is on more solid ground than the Tar Heel state”.
- Named by Small Business as the Best State for Startups in 2018.
- Ranked by Business Facilities, which helps businesses make location or re-location decisions, in 2019 as the top state for economic growth potential, second in installed solar capacity, and third in biotechnology strength in business facilities.
- Maintained a AAA credit rating.
- Providing state funding to bring relief to those affected by hurricanes and COVID-19 without having to borrow money, raise taxes or cut services.